Yep, I did it, yesterday!
I have to say a month ago I didn't even think about having it done. Rob told me that we had enough money in our flexible spending to do it, so I had an eye exam he told me from what he could tell I would be a perfect candidate and recommended me to the surgeon. I immediately made an appointment for a consulation the following week, they did their test it all came back good so I made the appointment, he only does the procedures every other Monday so yesterday was the first available day after my consultation.
I have to admit, I wasn't as nervous as I thought I would be. I figure after Leukemia, childbirth twice and countless other procedures I could handle this one. Especially when the told me it would take 15 minutes and I would be able to work the next day!
So, here I am, the next day. I was supposed to keep my eyes closed as much as I could after it was done yesterday, so I came home and slept off the valum - an hour and a half I woke up at 3 and laid there with my eyes closed never got back to sleep. It only figures the one time that I had 'permission' to do nothing and I was BORED. So after laying there 4 hours I did a little bit, nothing to major since keeping my eyes open was harder than I thought it'd be.
Today, other than things being a little hazy, post op I am now 20/20 and I couldn't be happier with the decision :)
1 day ago
2 comments:
That's wonderful! I'm happy for you.
yay for you! Lonnie had it done like 7 years or so ago and he loves it. Amazing what they can do and how quick. I remember him walking in there with his glasses and not being able to see and when he was able to open his eyes outside he said wow the trees have leaves on them!!!
Post a Comment